Banana Cardamom Smoothie
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 substantial frozen banana
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 rutted dates
- 1 inch of peeled fresh ginger
- Almond milk, 1/4 cup
- 1 dash of salt
- You'll need to put a frozen banana, some Greek yoghurt, dates, ginger, milk, cardamom powder, and salt in a blender to make this dish.
- Puree next until completely smooth on high.
- Pour cold liquid into glasses and serve.
Cardamom Rice Pulao
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- 1 small onion, minced finely
- Cardamom seeds from seven bruised pods
- 1 cup brown Basmati rice
- Two cups of vegetable stock
- Lemon zest, grated, one teaspoon
- To taste, add salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place a medium pot on low heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it to begin.
- Then, add a small onion that has been finely diced and sauté for a minute.
- When the onion is transparent, add the cardamom seeds and continue cooking for another three minutes.
- Add the uncooked rice after turning the heat up to medium. Cook and stir it until it is thoroughly heated.
- After that, increase the heat to high, add the broth, mix, and bring to a boil.
- Add some freshly grated lemon zest and stir thoroughly after adding salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat now, cover the pot, and continue cooking the rice until it is soft and has soaked up all (or almost all) of the liquid. Depending on the type of rice you used, it can take between 10 and 15 minutes.
- Before fluffing the rice with a fork and serving it hot, turn off the heat source and allow it to sit for 2 minutes.